Are you looking for a fully-functional WordPress events plugin that will help you display upcoming events effectively? Some of the functionalities these plugins offer you include guest management, event submission forms, and automated email notifications.
If you want to display basic events on your site, a free plugin might suit your needs. On the other hand, if you are looking for more advanced features, you have to install a premium plugin.
In this post, we are going to take you through different WordPress events plugins that might be suitable for your site.
Since these plugins are easily confused with booking/appointment plugins, we did a post that gives you more insight into booking plugins.
So, let’s get right into this, shall we?
Freemium Event Plugins
The Events Calendar
With more than 600,000 active installations, this events plugin is available in two versions—the free version and the premium version. It is easy to set up and install. Not to mention, it is compatible with different themes, making it easier to display upcoming events.
With the free version, you can:
- Show the location of upcoming events via Google Maps integration.
- Use various widgets to display events on your WordPress site.
- Group events into different categories.
- Display events in calendar form or in a list.
If you are proficient in using the default WordPress editor, you will be able to use this plugin’s meta boxes without breaking a sweat. Moreover, it lets you add the venue name, address, country, and the city where different events will be held.
The Events Calendar Pro version features:
- Recurring events.
- Additional fields for adding custom content to your calendars. You can easily add the name of performers using this feature.
- Venue and organizer view.
- Location search.
What’s more? There are add-ons that can help you sell tickets and import events from Facebook.
The Events Calendar Pro version price starts at $89.
This is the second-most popular events plugin on WordPress.org. While it packs similar functionalities as The Event Calendar plugin, there’s one feature that sets these two plugins apart. Events Manager lets you create recurring events in the free version, while The Events Calendar plugin allows you to create recurring events on the pro version.
In addition, this plugin also offers you:
- An option that lets you create tickets that have different prices.
- BuddyPress integration.
- Members/guest event submission forms that allow different people to list events on your site.
- Custom event attributes.
- Events location.
- An option that enables users to create their own calendars.
The Events Manager pro version features:
- Multiple payment gateway integrations.
- Coupons and discounts.
- Automated email reminders.
While the free version of this plugin has superb features, the front-end has a rather appealing design. You might need some custom CSS to take the design to the next level. The premium version starts at $75.
Unlike other plugins, Events Espresso has specific features that are appropriate for event registration and ticketed events. For instance, it has mobile ticketing add-ons that make it possible for event attendees to download tickets, which can be verified by scanning barcodes using your smartphone.
That’s not all, this plugin lets you create events that have:
- Multiple tickets/pricing options.
- Custom registration forms.
- Multiple dates.
Event Espresso also features:
- Printable tickets.
- An option that lets you scan tickets.
- A checkout page.
- Different payment getaways.
If you are planning to sell tickets online, this plugin might help you save a lot of money.
The limited version is free, while the pro version starts at $79.95 per annum. The top-tier plan is $299.95 and features all the premium add-ons.
Event Calendar WD
With a 4.6-star rating, Event Calendar WD is a freemium plugin that is active on 30,000 different websites.
The free version of this plugin lets you:
- Create unlimited events on your site.
- Display the location of different events via Google Maps integration.
- Display events on your site’s sidebars through various widgets.
- Group events into different categories, making it possible for visitors to find events easily.
Since the free version is highly configurable, you can easily determine how you are going to showcase event calendars on your site.
The premium version features more calendar views and incredible support for recurring events. Event Calendar WD also has premium add-ons that extend some of its functionalities. These are the functionalities that these add-ons provide:
- WooCommerce ticketing.
- Advanced event filter options.
- An option to import calendars from iCal, Facebook Events, and Google Calendar.
- Advanced event widgets that let you add more details.
The free version of Event Calendar WD is available on WordPress.org. The premium version starts at $25.
Event Organizer is a lightweight events plugin that is available in two versions—the premium version and the free version. While this plugin is suitable for a WordPress user like you, it can also be used by developers.
If you opt for the free version of this plugin, here’s what you are going to get:
- Google Maps integration.
- The ability to create single and recurring events. You can also determine the frequency of a recurring event.
- Widgets that help you display your events.
- Shortcodes that help you control the functionalities of this plugin.
The premium version of this plugin has features that add advanced booking functionalities to your events. It comes with:
- Different payment gateways.
- Custom venue fields.
- Venue featured images that show attendees how different event venues look like.
- An event search form that allows visitors to find events, depending on the location, city, date, and venue.
- Custom emails for sending customized messages to event attendees.
Clearly, it is an appropriate plugin for event bookings. The free version is available at WordPress.org, while the premium version starts at £50.
Get Event Organizer
Just as the name hints, Tickera has functionalities that make it suitable for the ticketing process. This plugin lets you create events and custom tickets straight from your WordPress admin dashboard.
Here’s what you get from this plugin:
- The ability to scan QR codes from your smartphone.
- Barcode readers.
- A ticket builder for designing tickets.
- 2Checkout payment gateway and offline payments.
More advanced features are available on premium add-ons. Such add-ons offer you:
- More payment gateways such as Paypal, Stripe, and mobile payment.
- WooCommerce integration.
Tickera prices start at $49.
All-in-One Event Calendar
With more than 200,000 active installations and a 4.5-star rating, All-in-One Event Calendar is a freemium plugin that is available in two different versions.
The free version comes with features, which can help you create superb events. Examples of such features include:
- Google Maps integration for showcasing the location of your events.
- Recurring events.
- A search filter that helps visitors find events easily.
- A venue auto-saving feature.
- An option that lets you import calendars from MS Outlook, Apple iCal, and Google Calendar.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. If you are looking for advanced features, the premium version offers you:
- Twitter integration that allows you to share events
- A featured slider that displays upcoming events.
- Keyword search.
- Submission forms.
Here’s a thing: The premium version of this plugin has three payment packages. This makes it easier for you to choose the most affordable plan. The most basic plan starts at $14.99.
Get All-in-One Event Calendar
One of the most unique features this plugin offers you is the ability to display events/calendars on multiple WordPress sites. You can also group events into different categories. My Calendar is compatible with other plugins that can be used to extend its functionalities.
If you want to create a ticketed event, you have to integrate it with My tickets. My Calendar packs:
- Different calendar views—monthly view, daily view, and weekly view.
- Custom templates.
- Different widgets for displaying calendars.
- Mini-calendars that can fit in compact widgets.
- Recurring events.
- Custom templates that help you create events.
- A shortcode generator that helps you create customized calendar views.
What’s more? You can upgrade the free version and enjoy premium features. The premium version allows visitors to submit events via a submission form. It also lets you:
- Import events from iCal.
- Create events from the WordPress posts section.
- Create an advanced search form that helps visitors find specific events. You can display it on a widget or on an independent page.
- Accept online transactions through Paypal.
Unlike other plugins, the free version of My Calendar has some great features. You can download the free version on WordPress.org. The premium version is available on their official website. Prices start at $49.
connectDaily Events Calendar
connectDaily is a mobile-friendly, responsive, and scalable event plugin. It comes with fully-sized calendars and mini-calendar widgets which can fit perfectly on sidebars. With this plugin, you can showcase events on different pages. For instance, you can showcase featured events on the front page, and display community events on another page.
Since this plugin is available in two versions, this is what the basic version offers you:
- Multiple responsive views such as a detailed list view and a monthly view.
- Data import and export. You can import files from iCalendar, Google Calendar, and Outlook.
- Unlimited events on a calendar.
- High performance that can handle hundreds of events.
Moreover, the premium version offers you:
- Twitter and Facebook integration.
- Custom fields.
- An option that lets visitors add events.
- An advanced geographical radius search.
The free version of connectDaily Events Calendar is available on WordPress.org
Premium Event Plugins
EventOn is a premium yet affordable plugin. Actually, it is the best selling event calendar plugin on CodeCanyon. It has more than 34,500 sales. Since this plugin comes with more than 250 customization options, calendars can be modified easily. You can display a map, change colors, and add featured images.
EventOn also has shortcodes, which can be used to add calendar content to your site’s posts and pages.
Apart from that, EventOn offers:
- Multiday events.
- Recurring events.
- Event Search.
- Multiple options that let you add event organizers and the location of different events.
- 10 meta fields that make it easier to add additional information about certain events.
- The option to feature specific events.
- An option that lets users add an event to their calendars quickly.
While this plugin doesn’t have a feature that lets you sell tickets online, it displays calendars in a stylish manner. Not to mention, it is affordable. It costs $25 on CodeCanyon.
Modern Events Calendar
Modern Events Calendar is a premium and effective plugin for showcasing events in an elegant manner. Here’s an example of the demo.
Clearly, it has a modern design.
Apart from that, this plugin offers you:
- Google Maps integration.
- Paypal integration.
- Filter options that make it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for.
- An option that lets you import events from Facebook Calendar, The Events Calendar, EventOn, and Google Calendar.
- A booking system that has a custom registration form.
- Event countdown.
Prices start at $75.
Stachethemes Events Calendar
With a 4.5 star-rating, Stachetthemes Events Calendar is a new premium plugin that has gained some popularity on CodeCanyon. This plugin helps you showcase the location, guest list, and the description of different events. Not to mention, you can easily display the products that are related to an event on your site.
This plugin also has a weather forecast tab that shows predicted weather conditions.
Furthermore, this plugin offers you:
- WooCommerce integration.
- An option to change the event visibility. You can display an event to the public or keep it private.
- Google Maps integration
- An option that lets you scan a ticket’s QR code.
- A search filter that makes it easier for visitors to find specific events.
- Event categories.
Stachethemes Events Calendar is $49 on CodeCanyon.
Events Plus is a premium plugin that lets you manage events from your WordPress admin dashboard. It is suitable for concerts, seminars, and workshops. EventsPlus also features a user-friendly dashboard that enables you to sell tickets online and track the number of event attendees.
That’s not all, this plugin has a countdown timer.
With Events Plus, you can enjoy:
- Google Maps integration.
- An online event booking option that allows visitors to book a seat in your conference room.
- Shortcodes that let you add events on your site’s posts and pages.
- Tickets and coupons.
- Recurring events.
- Custom registration form.
Unlike other plugins that ask you to purchase add-ons to access more premium features, EventPlus comes with all its premium features.
Events Plus costs $26.
Since this plugin has different layouts and styles, it can be used in multiple businesses. Not to mention, it features pre-built timetable designs that can be used to speed up the scheduling process.
Event Schedule also has a visual composer, which you can use to re-design your calendars and timetables. With this plugin, you can display events in a carousel, making it easier for visitors to skim through the most important events.
Moreover, Event Schedule comes with:
- Different filter categories that let visitors search for specific events on your site.
- A booking system that is WooCommerce-ready.
- Modal pop-up window.
- 12 pre-built timetable styles.
This is a diversified plugin. It can be used to promote event tickets, publishing different timetables, and enlist visitors to a certain class/event.
Events Schedule costs $39 on CodeCanyon.
Calendarize it! for WordPress
While this plugin was designed to help you create calendars, it also features free and premium add-ons that help you extend its functionalities. With such add-ons, you can add a countdown timer and an accordion for upcoming events.
Furthermore, this plugin displays calendars and events in different views. It has a monthly view, a day view, a weekly view, an event grid view, an event list view, an event year view, and an event map view.
Calendarize it! for WordPress also features:
- Multiple widgets for displaying events.
- WPBakery and Gutenberg page builder support.
- Multiple language support.
Unlike other plugins that have fully-premium add-ons, this one here offers you 10 free add-ons. This might help you save some money.
Calendarize it! for WordPress Costs $29 on CodeCanyon.
WordPress Pro Event Calendar
WordPress Pro Event Calendar is one of the most affordable event plugins on CodeCanyon. It is responsive, versatile, and packs multiple customization settings. With this plugin, you can import .ics calendar files and events from Facebook.
Not to mention, users can also submit events from the frontend of your website. What more? WordPress Pro Event Calendar also offers you:
- Custom shortcodes.
- An option that makes it possible to export bookings to excel.
- Recurring events.
- Custom event fields.
- Filter options.
- A widget that displays upcoming events.
- Google Maps integration for showcasing the location of different events.
Clearly, this plugin has multiple settings that can be used to create unique calendars and events.
Unlike other premium plugins that are billed on a monthly basis, this one here has a one-time price. This might help you save some extra money.
WordPress Pro Event Calendar costs $29 on CodeCanyon.
Responsive Event Scheduler for WordPress
This is a suitable plugin for convections, music festivals, conferences, exhibitions, and outdoor meetings. It lets you display multi-locations of different events. It also has tons of customization options, making it easier for you to showcase events elegantly.
Apart from that, this plugin packs:
- Accordions that help you display events.
- Various fields that display the description of an event, the time, social media profiles, speakers, and links.
- 5 pre-built demos that help you showcase events stylishly.
Responsive Event Scheduler for WordPress costs $19 on code Canyon.
Sugar Event Calendar
Sugar event calendar is a minimalistic yet efficient plugin that makes it easier for you to create and display events in a simple manner. With this plugin, you can create events that are held on a single day or multiple days. This plugin also has an option that lets you set the start time and end time of events.
Sugar Events Calendar also features:
- An option that helps you group events into different categories.
- The ability to sync it with Google Calendar.
- Recurring events. Set the date when you want an event to recur.
- Free add-ons that extend its functionality.
Sugar Event Calendar has four packages, which are billed annually. The most affordable plan starts at $29.99. The top tier plan costs $249.
WooEvents has a visual composer that can be used to create stylish events. Needless to say, it is compatible with Woocommerce and various Woocommerce addons. This makes it easier for you to sell tickets online.
That’s not all, WooEvents also features:
- Event submission forms.
- A responsive checkout page and a cart.
- Custom Tickets.
- Barcode support.
- The ability to display the status of an event like the number of tickets left.
- A search widget.
- Coupon codes.
- Multiple filter options.
This plugin’s features are focused on the ticketing process.
WooEvents costs $39 on CodeCanyon.
Free Event Plugins
This is a completely free plugin that lets you create events from your WordPress dashboard. With this plugin, you can easily display the event type, the performers, and the event gallery.
Event Prime also integrates seamlessly with Paypal, making it easier to carry out online transactions. That’s not all, this plugin offers you various customization options that allow you to customize calendars. Examples of such customization options include:
- A drag-and-drop feature that lets you switch the date of an event by dragging it from one date to another on a calendar.
- The ability to change the view of a calendar to a weekly view, monthly view, and a daily view. You can also showcase events in a list form.
- An option that lets you add a description that informs visitors about different events.
- A feature that allows you to group events into various categories and display using different colors.
It gets better, this plugin also features:
- Custom CSS codes.
- Google Maps integration. This helps you display the location of different events.
- Different time formats—12 hour format and 24 hours time format.
- Search filter options for helping visitors find specific events.
- A countdown timer.
- A slider event widget that displays different events
EventPrime is available on WordPress.org.
Which Event Plugin Should You Choose?
Are you wondering which plugin is the best for you?
If so, take a look at this:
The Events Calendar might be a good option if you are looking for something that has solid features. Such features justify its popularity.
Modern Event Calendar and EventOn have features that are suitable for lightweight use. However, they don’t match up to other feature-packed plugins.
Tickera, Event Espresso, and WooEvents are suitable for the ticketing process. They have features that might help you create, sell, and scan tickets.
If you are looking for a free plugin, EventPrime might be a suitable option for you.
Over To You
And there you have it. Everything you need to know about events plugins. Most plugins on this guide have solid features that will help you create unique events.
Since various plugins have a free version and a premium version, you can start by testing basic features. If the basic features suit your needs, you can upgrade to a premium version. On the other hand, If you are looking for specific advanced functionalities, you can opt for a premium plugin.
Would you recommend any other WordPress event plugins? Leave a comment and share your thoughts with everyone else!